- Snapper are managed differently in the Gulf versus the Atlantic and in state versus federal waters.
- Gulf state waters are from shore to 9 nautical miles.
- Atlantic state waters are from shore to 3 nautical miles.
- Scroll down for regulations by coast and by species.
Learn about Mango Snapper here.
There are different kinds of snapper.Snapper
Additional 2020 Fall Gulf Red Snapper Season dates The following dates have been added to the Gulf fall red snapper season for private recreational anglers and state for-hire operations: Nov. 21, 22, 27, 28, and 29. During this season, private recreational anglers may harvest red snapper in Gulf state and federal waters. However, state for-hire operations who do not have a federal for-hire reef fish permit are limited to fishing for red snapper in Gulf state waters only. Source: myfwc.com
- Gulf red snapper season extended by Florida Fish and Wildlife – Grab your rod and reel! The Gulf red snapper fishing season has been extended into November. (fox4now.com)
- FWC announces fall recreational Gulf red snapper season – Fall recreational red snapper season in Gulf was announced by the FWC. The dates will be Oct. 17,18, 24, 25, 31 and Nov. 1. (newsherald.com)
- Governor Ron DeSantis Announces 2020 Gulf Red Snapper Season(flgov.com)
- Red Snapper Season 2020: All You Need to Know | FishingBooker Blog – Excited for the 2020 Red Snapper season? This article covers the season openings in state and federal waters, and the top places to catch Red Snapper. (fishingbooker.com)
- Gulf red snapper season extended in Florida, FWC says – Anglers can fish for Gulf red snapper in season for additional dates in Nov. 2020 in Florida, the governor’s office and FWC said. (wtsp.com)
- 2020 Florida Red Snapper Season Guidelines – Your complete guide to Red Snapper season in Florida. Visit TripShock for the 2020 Red Snapper Season Guidelines like season dates, size limits, gear rules, where to fish, and how to catch. (tripshock.com)
- Recreational red snapper season opens in Florida this week. Here’s what you need to know – Fish must be at least 16 inches in total length to be kept, and there’s a bag limit of 2 fish per person per day. (jacksonville.com)
- Anglers: Red snapper season dates set for 2020 – Feb 20, 2020 … Gov. Ron DeSantis announced June 11 through July 25 as 2020’s recreational red snapper season in Florida and U.S. waters of the Gulf of … (chronicleonline.com)
- Reef Fish | eRegulations – H Spearing Prohibited Must remain in whole condition (removal of gills and guts allowed). u Measured as total length. Total length is the straight line distance from the most forward part of the head with the mouth closed to the farthest tip of the tail with the tail compressed or squeezed togethe… (eregulations.com)
- Gov. Ron DeSantis gives Gulf anglers more days to fish for red … – Oct 2, 2020 … 29 there will be a fall red snapper fishing season for recreational anglers … While Gulf anglers are pleased, Florida’s Atlantic Coast anglers are … (tcpalm.com)
- Red Snapper Regulations – Read the Fishery Performance Report Recreational Regulations Commercial Regulations Click Here for Red Snapper Regulatory Information from Previous Years (safmc.net)
- Florida Gulf Red Snapper Season 2020 | FishAnywhere – 45 Days. That’s how many days the FWC (Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission) has approved for the Red Snapper Season for 2020. (fishanywhere.com)
- Red Snapper(gulfcouncil.org)
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Limited Openings of Recreational and Commercial Red Snapper Seasons in South Atlantic Federal Waters – FB20-037: South Atlantic Fishery Bulletin, For more information, contact: Frank Helies, 727-824-5305, email@example.com (fisheries.noaa.gov)
- Red snapper season begins off Florida’s Atlantic Coast – PONCE INLET — After weeks of anticipation, anglers headed offshore Friday on the first day of two weekends for this year’s recreational season (news-journalonline.com)
- 4 day Red Snapper season announced for South Atlantic – July 10th, 11th, 12th, and 17th red snapper fishing will be allowed in the South Atlantic (news4jax.com)
- Florida’s red snapper season begins off Atlantic Coast – Red snapper season in Florida is open in Gulf waters June 1 through August. 1 for federally-permitted for-hire vessels, according to the Florida Fish and (dailycommercial.com)
- Gulf Red Snapper Season Opens Today – Florida Sportsman – CCA Florida joins FWC in requesting extension of 3-day season. The three-day 2017 Gulf federal waters red snapper season (June… more » (floridasportsman.com)
New Gear Requirements for Atlantic State and Federal Waters Starting Jan. 1, 2021, anglers using hook-and-line with natural baits to target reef fish like snapper or grouper from a vessel in Atlantic state waters will be required to use non-stainless-steel, non-offset circle hooks north of 28 degrees north latitude (near Melbourne) and non-stainless-steel hooks south of 28 degrees north latitude.
In Atlantic federal waters, new gear modifications i nclude a new requirement for descending devices and modifications to hook requirements when snapper grouper fishing. Read this Snapper-Grouper fishery in Atlantic federal waters announcement for more.
Daily Bag Limit
2 per person (included in the 10 per harvester per day state snapper aggregate bag limit) Charter captain and crew: zero
Open Season – 2020
Fall recreational angler season (Gulf state and federal waters): Oct. 17, 18, 24, 25, 31 and Nov. 1, 21, 22, 27. 28, 29.
State for-hire operations (those who do not have a federal for-hire reef fish permit) (Gulf state waters only): Oct. 17, 18, 24, 25, 31 and Nov. 1, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29.
Summer 2020 seasons Private recreational anglers (Gulf state and federal waters): June 11- July 25, closing July 26.
State for-hire operations (Gulf state waters only): June 11- July 25, closing July 26 Federal for-hire operations (Gulf federal waters) : June 1- Aug. 1.
Daily Bag Limit
State: 10 per person (not included in the 10 snapper aggregate bag limit)
Federal: 10/person within 20 reef fish aggregate